<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board  

Just A week away from polling and: Francis Awesa in China to borrow K7bil

June 12 2012 at 11:19 PM
Onil 

Ministers have already become candidates after issue of writs and care taker governmernt are not supposed to make major decision concerning the country. Just only a week left for the polling to commence. However, Fancis Awesa who is now a ordinary candidate not a minster (after issued of writs) is in china to negotiate for K7 billion. By looking at this type of attitudes papua new guinea must predict that the election would not change anything not even the government. Because this election will just a event. Look like all of the Government MPs are coming back to parliment. Election will be a waste of resouces and time. The parlimentarians knows that, even the police and army boss!!! WHY IN THE ELEVENTH HOUR LOOKING FOR MONEY????

By ISAAC NICHOLAS (The national 12/06/2012/)
WORKS Minister Francis Awesa is in China negotiating for a K7 billion loan to repair major infrastructure in the country.
Prime Minister Peter O’Neill announced this in Daru, Western Province, in front of hundreds of people, saying that negotiations were under way with the EXIM Bank of China to secure funding for major road infrastructure.
“The national government is looking at securing K7 billion over the next five years to build major infrastructure in the country,” O’Neill said.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
the whole election is a farce!!! Fraud!!!

Re: Just A week away from polling and: Francis Awesa in China to borrow K7bil

June 13 2012, 7:45 AM 

I'm glad other people are waking up to the fact that this election is going to be FIXED!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

K7 billion from China

June 13 2012, 12:11 PM 

I would bet good money that Ni Cragnolini,Chinese wife of soon-to-be-knighted BFF of O'Neill,Luciano Crganolini, is in this picture somewhere either as a partner or commission-paid facilitator to access this loan.

Respond to this message   
laki mangi

K700 million kickback......... I'm happy to take that, Mr Prime Minister!!

June 13 2012, 2:27 PM 

That's what this road reconstruction is all about, isn't it. The BIG KICKBACK!

Thanks, O'Namah, we knew you could do it.

Respond to this message   
Not fooled

Re: K700 million kickback......... I'm happy to take that, Mr Prime Minister!!

June 13 2012, 5:55 PM 

Francis Awesa is just another PNG stooge. Thinks he is a big man now he has a young wife and apart from that has achieved nothing since being elected. I hope my wantoks vote this liar out. He is just another empty vessel.

Respond to this message   
terry

June 13 2012, 8:46 PM 

He's got too much money now to buy and bribe the votes he needs. There's no way he could lose!

Respond to this message   
Not fooled

June 13 2012, 5:56 PM 

Francis Awesa is just another PNG stooge. Thinks he is a big man now he has a young wife and apart from that has achieved nothing since being elected. I hope my wantoks vote this liar out. He is just another empty vessel.

Respond to this message   
Undiri

June 19 2012, 12:22 PM 

Enough now. Mi less pinis long harim jealous toktok lon ol conman olsem yupela.

Respond to this message   
Poor PNG

June 19 2012, 7:20 PM 

PNG you will always borrow in your life...you bai always cago boi blo other contries...Sad ah???

Respond to this message   
generation gap

June 19 2012, 8:09 PM 

actually the term we're supposed to use when referring to our own country's dependency on other countries is that we're their tea boy. Always have been always will be.

Respond to this message   
observing

June 20 2012, 5:16 AM 

How could O'Neill misuse money in NPF scandal and now be honest?

Respond to this message   
Nationalist

June 20 2012, 4:40 PM 

O'Neil and Awesa has created a big liability for the country by borrowing this large sum k7 billion. What a crazy decision in the name of infrastructure, just to cover up.

Please PNG must open our eyes and see the adverse consequences of such decisions borrowing just by entirely relying on the income from the PNG LNG Project.

PNG could not live on expectations and false or unsubstantiate or unpredictable assumptions. We must be real.

Just image what would happen to the government annual national budget given the following scenerios occur in the future:

1. The LNG Project is distrubed and become stand still

2. If the five yearly income for the government from the LNG Project can not continuously finance the debt with the agreed interest (bear in mind the interest are paid in millions or could be half a billions.

3. If the kina devalues due to some disastrous or unexpectable situations beyond the control

4. If the oil and gas prices in the work market decreases due to competitive supply of the similar supply of gas and oil.

5. If the PNG government can not invest in any sustainable industries like agriculture, fishing, and other renewable resources.

6.etc............

Papua New Guineans, please bear in mind that we are heading for a disaster after this year national election. Despite whoever, the government is, this K7 billion loan will borrow the share for the future generation of the country and at the same time, the national government budget will have a big debt and the situation will get worse if the current K500 million deficit ballance.

Lets think about it now.

Nationalist.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Politics Board