The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

Refine the question?

September 20 2007 at 3:18 PM
No score for this post
Steven Brown  (Login StevenBrownUKF)
from IP address 209.218.141.125

Response to Allrighty then

Kind of a big question, lots to talk about, perhaps you can hone the topic? But, if I were to actually categorize my understanding of some major differences:

1) Set based, not technique based.

2) Some intentional departures from what EP did, namely: a) Rotation as the second most powerful of the three individual energy sources, not first, b) Some terminology, but for precise reasons, and c) Some refined measurements of the neutral bow and the stances stemming from it.

3) Final culmination of the system in the knife.

4) Use of a common platform for all things concerning the arms and torso. Kind of like a neutral bow for the upper body - something that all motions go to, through, and from just as all stances pass through the NB.

5) Rearrangement of the classical EPAK system to accomodate military operatives, women's self defense (i.e. awareness and sexual assault, etc.), and law enforcement.

6) Incorporation of the pistol.

7) An organization with checks and balances.

Of course, there are slews of details that I don't know if are similar to others, the same as, different from, etc. Its important to note that no class goes by that Mr. Pick does not edify his teacher Ed Parker, and glean from EP's teachings over the years for the benefit of all in the class. In his words, Ed Parker was a genius "the likes of whom I may never meet again."

Hope that helps,

Steven Brown
UKF

This message has been edited by StevenBrownUKF from IP address 209.218.141.125 on Sep 20, 2007 6:47 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.