Return to Articles  

I object!

October 9 2007 at 11:45 AM
No score for this post
tom bleecker  (Login kenpotom)
from IP address 207.200.116.196

Response to Setting the record straight

>There is no short and Long Form 4<

There is a Short 4, and I'm the originator, at least according to Mr. Parker.

In 1987 I entered the Long Beach Internationals black belt competition. When my name was called for to perform my kata, and after the usual introductions, I began - got about 25 moves into Form 4, and then stopped abruptly because I reinjured my ankle, which in turn caused me to freeze. Knowing my ankle would get worse if I continued, I closed out the form, bowed respectfully, and then walked to the sidelines. When the head judge asked if I wanted to redo the form, I respectfully declined.

Hours later I was walking down a corridor, and when I rounded a corner, found myself face-to-face with Mr. Parker, who said with a slight grin, "Hey, Tom, I heard about your making history earlier." I replied, "What history?" He said, "Your performance of Short Form 4!" And off he went. I was a little embarrassed, to say the least. While true that since I debuted Short 4 in August 1987 no one has asked about it or performed it, but who cares? I'm the originator of what has become "a forgotten form!"

Salute

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.