The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

Does anyone have an update on Mr. Sepulveda?

November 6 2007 at 1:52 PM
No score for this post
Dave Crouch, DC  (Login DrDaveDC)
from IP address 71.134.242.136

His injuries as listed in the previous post are quite substantial, and would seem to indicate he is NOT anywhere near getting well soon. Any one of the disc injuries could set him up for multiple surgeries, and the need gets compounded by the vertebral fractures. They often have to wait for the inflammation of the initial trauma to subside before planning an effective intervention strategy, so I suspect they might not even fully know what course options are available, and which are ruled out by sequellae. And then, of course, there are the risks inherent in surgery itself.

On the other hand, horse folk are a breed apart. Nephew of mine got his face quite literally kicked in while cutting cattle competitively, and was back out there training with steel plates and a drain in his face. And one of my favorite on-site EMT stories is a rodeo guy who gets gored in the thigh, recieves a rip up the adductor hiatus about 2 inches deep and a foot long, only to show up at the check-in table looking for a stapler. Staples it shut himself, before going back out there to finish the competition. So there's a good chance Mr. Sepulveda may muscle through some of the discomfort, having different definitions and reference experiences of what injuries like this mean.

I don't wanna be the gloom-&-doomer, but having been a Physicians Assistant in a spine surgeons office, I can't help but think about him damn near daily. ANy news from him or his family on the prognosis and treatment plan?

Let us know if you can; it'd be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.