The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

Too bad you're busy being a dolt, Scott

December 6 2007 at 7:07 PM
No score for this post
Dave Crouch, DC  (Login DrDaveDC)
from IP address 71.134.234.135

Response to Still the same ole' Smart a@@!

I am a smart aleck; I look for the fun in life, and make fun of it. When all is said and done, it's only kenpo. But that ain't why I think you're being an idiot.

If you have ever been on these boards for long at all, you may have run into one of the dozens of posts in which I say I don't think I started learning kenpo until I got smacked around by Mr. Parker. Light bulbs went on, and it's never been the same for me since. If Mr. Pick smacks the crap out of me and sends me home in a body cast, that's among the best possible things I, as a lifelong student of this art, could hope for. Think of how much I would learn about depth penetration issues by being on the butt end of such a beat down? Moreover, I've taken Mr. Kelley up on his invitation to Fla., so I can meet these folks face to face...previous implications that I only do keyboard kenpo did not sit well with me, and so am off to the other side of the continent to either get whooped or make new acquaintences with the very folks I typically kvetch with.

As for Messr's Cogliandro and Kelley, I would venture to guess that you don't know poopy about how I regard them, their kenpo, their contributions, or their place in kenpo's yet-to-be-written history. There are those who do, and they would not see my smart-alecky post as anything more than poking fun at the imagery some phraseology calls to mind.

And, oddly, I do not recall saying anything in my post derogatory towards their goals, purpose, meeting, or any of that...you know, the usual sniping you might expect from me and my little minions. In fact, I think I recall wishing them luck, and hoping they get what they need from it. That was not a softener to smear "nice-nice" over a provocation, but a sentiment, as getting what we need from life can be challenging at times. And as I get closer to my own ultimate demise, I find myself less interested in picking fights, and more interested in seeing people do what makes them happy, because our days really are numbered and you never know where or when or how they are going to end.

I flat out enjoy inappropriate humor...always have, always will, and it very often gets me in trouble. But I still enjoy it. You would be unpleasantly surprised at how many times I've done things like...make this comment, then show up at the camp in Feb with minature Star Wars action figures of the characters mentioned, given as peace offerings to the folks mentioned in the wise crack. Only to find out years later that, rather than hating me for it, they have them up in their offices. (Reference: Carlos Soniera, MD, head of Dept. of Anatomy @ So Cal Uni Health Sciences)

If you assumed that you read opposition into a post merely put out as an inappropriately humorous observation, you would have at least been correct about something.

Regards,

Dr. Evil

This message has been edited by DrDaveDC from IP address 71.134.234.135 on Dec 6, 2007 7:18 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.