The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

Muscle memory

March 31 2008 at 7:21 PM
No score for this post
Mark  (Login Markpo)
from IP address 68.164.149.63

Response to It never ceases to amaze me...

You fight how you train. If you are used to grabing guys and taking them down when you train you'll do the exact same thing in a fight. It's human nature.
Nobody said grapplers were inept at eyes gouges etc. My point was there's far to much emphasized on ground skills due to the popularity of UFC. The results of 90% of UFC matches would be different if they had street rules. Take a look how much different even Pride matches are. I have WAY too much respect for jujtsu to assume anything about their skills. In my opinion ground skills are a last resort in a street fight. I bet the guys clearing bars weren't choking opponents out on the ground, that would be stupid. Anyone who thinks the ground is the place to be in a street fight, has never been in one.

Mark
AKKF

This message has been edited by Markpo from IP address 68.164.149.63 on Apr 1, 2008 12:47 AM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.