The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

Kenpo, where are we going wrong....

April 8 2008 at 1:49 PM
No score for this post

Adam Gorst  (Login GORST)
from IP address 86.128.120.146

Hi everybody

I think a lot of people on this forum would consider that Kenpo is a martial art primarily designed for personal self defence as opposed to say sport or military applications.

It was designed mainly for the streets of the USA which have specific problems not associated with other countries for example I live in the UK where gun crime is still relatively rare by comparison. That aside what do you feel Kenpo practitioners lack for self defence purposes, do you think we would benefit from more ground based techniques; more weapons base stuff is our physical conditioning adequate, are our techniques realistic, are we still able to cope with the world as it is in 2008, or do we have everything right and as it should be.

All this will vary from club to club but I’m more interested in what people think of the system of Kenpo as a whole and where you all feel we need improvement if any.

All the best,

Adam Gorst
http://www.mcvicarkenpoacademy.co.uk/

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.