Kenpo, where are we going wrong....April 8 2008 at 1:49 PM
No score for this post
Adam Gorst (Login GORST)
from IP address 188.8.131.52
I think a lot of people on this forum would consider that Kenpo is a martial art primarily designed for personal self defence as opposed to say sport or military applications.
It was designed mainly for the streets of the USA which have specific problems not associated with other countries for example I live in the UK where gun crime is still relatively rare by comparison. That aside what do you feel Kenpo practitioners lack for self defence purposes, do you think we would benefit from more ground based techniques; more weapons base stuff is our physical conditioning adequate, are our techniques realistic, are we still able to cope with the world as it is in 2008, or do we have everything right and as it should be.
All this will vary from club to club but Im more interested in what people think of the system of Kenpo as a whole and where you all feel we need improvement if any.
All the best,
- The curriculum does us a favor.... - Craig Tavis on Apr 8, 2008, 2:38 PM
- Different arenas require different approaches - Steven Brown on Apr 8, 2008, 2:54 PM
- Re: Kenpo, where are we going wrong.... - Grahm Baker on Apr 8, 2008, 2:59 PM
- Re: Kenpo, where are we going wrong.... - Chuck Peterson on Apr 8, 2008, 3:13 PM
- My thoughts... - Brian Hunter on Apr 8, 2008, 3:35 PM
- Interesting - David Arnold on Apr 8, 2008, 8:31 PM
- it's time. - Joe Stricklett on Apr 8, 2008, 11:54 PM
- Re: Kenpo, where are we going wrong.... - Marcel de Jong on Apr 9, 2008, 6:27 AM
- Language of Kenpo - Michael Miller on Apr 9, 2008, 9:00 AM
- Our mindset - Mike on Apr 9, 2008, 4:47 PM
- Marketing - Dan Puleo on Apr 9, 2008, 9:36 PM