RE: Michael Miller's Article in July's IKFMay 16 2008 at 9:23 PM
No score for this post
|"KENPOJOE" Rebelo (Login KENPOJOE)|
from IP address 18.104.22.168
I purchased this issue and read Mr. Miller's Article "honor thy father" and had to comment on a innaccurate statement.
In the article,Mr. Miller states that "When Parker died, so did the IKKA".
This particular point needs to be clarified.
After Mr. Parker's death, the Parker Family,lead by his widow, Margarit Leilani Parker, strived to keep his memory and the art he created alive. They worked to continue his tournament , The International Karate Championships alive and focused on keeping the IKKA alive through those who willingly chose to stay in the association that Ed Parker himself had founded. Rather than creating their own groups,These kenpoists strived to perpectuate Mr. Parker's memory & material as it was created by him during his lifespan. The IKKA continued to exist until April 2004:14 years after Mr. Parker's untimely death. I stayed with the IKKA because of a personal promise I made to Mr. Parker and kept to that promise until the IKKA was no longer in existance.
I understand how to many,they feel that when the man died the organization died with him. But, as the symbol for the IKC itself stands for,There were others who chose to "keep the flame burning" by staying in the International Kenpo Karate Association.
Thank you for your time,
Joseph P. Rebelo II
PS: Mr. Miller also states that the "Chinese Kenpo Federation" is a front runner of organizations. I'm sure he was actually refering to the "Chinese Karate Federation".
- Re: RE: Michael Miller's Article in July's IKF - BGile on May 16, 2008, 9:38 PM
- re:bgile - "KENPOJOE" Rebelo on May 16, 2008, 9:50 PM
- Let me explain - Michael Miller on May 17, 2008, 8:59 AM
- RE:let me explain - mreverett on May 17, 2008, 9:49 AM
- In regards to the recruit comment.. - David Arnold on May 17, 2008, 10:53 AM
- Hello, David - Michael Miller on May 17, 2008, 11:44 AM
- Michael - BGile on May 17, 2008, 1:03 PM
- Just an opinion - Philip George on May 18, 2008, 1:09 PM
- The IKKA - Tony Cogliandro on May 17, 2008, 9:31 AM
- Re: The IKKA - BGile on May 17, 2008, 10:52 AM
- Gary - Tony Cogliandro on May 17, 2008, 11:01 AM
- Re: Gary - BGile on May 17, 2008, 11:44 AM
- Re: The IKKA - Lance Soares on May 17, 2008, 2:33 PM
- Re: RE: Michael Miller's Article in July's IKF - mikenpo on May 17, 2008, 11:01 AM