Return to Articles  

Re: RE: Michael Miller's Article in July's IKF

May 17 2008 at 4:23 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous  (Login KENPOJOE)
from IP address 76.118.115.242

Response to Re: RE: Michael Miller's Article in July's IKF

mikenpo wrote:
""and focused on keeping the IKKA alive through those who willingly chose to stay in the association that Ed Parker himself had founded. Rather than creating their own groups"
Mr Rebelo, If you truly know what went down after Mr. Parkers death.. you must concede that this statement is a bit misleading. Many of the top kenpoist, although passionate and willing to perpetuate the IKKA, were relieved of that option."

Hi folks!
It is indeed true that in the chaos that followed Mr. Parker's death that there was much that was thrown into turmoil and Mrs. Parker simply 'cleaned house" to restart anew. Albeit, in those instances, sometimes you accidently "throw out the baby with the bathwater" & because of that,Things changed. The focus of my original statement was and still is that the International Kenpo Karate Association continued to exist as an entity for 14 years after Mr. Parker's untimely demise. You mention that many were "releived of that option" however, many also left of their own volition. Those individuals know who they are and the reasons they left. I am not here to throw aspertions [sp]at people, only to point out an inaccuracy in Mr. Miller's article.
I have also seen the "joy and the horror" of magazine editing and know all too well how well written articles can be butchered by well-intentioned editors.
My main point and intention was to clarify the actual continued existance of the IKKA after 1990.
I hope that I was of some service,
KENPOJOE

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.