The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

Just off the top of my head..

June 27 2008 at 12:29 PM
No score for this post
David Arnold  (Login LuckyKBoxer)
from IP address 72.197.153.141

Response to I have a question

I like the idea, when you finish if its possible to get a copy I would love to see what you put together.

After reading this I thought about it and I would say some of the biggest differences between Brown and Black Belts are mental rather then physical, There is not a huge difference in movement, although one should always be improving, but all the major principles and concepts should be in their heads, they should already be self correcting, and should already be able to teach, and spot problems and formulate solutions to those problems for their students.

I would say its important for anyone, but more so for a Black Belt to have a strong sense of what martial arts means to them, what extent they are willing to go to defend themselves or others, how far they are willing to go to put an end to a threat, and how they can brng others to reach their own conclusions for themselves on the very same thing. I do not think its important to decide what morals and ethics my students have, but it is important for me to make them reach conclusions about their own. I think important things are to never be satisfied with the Black Belt, and always striving to learn more, both about their own kenpo, and about other martial arts. I have found out more about my own Kenpo through crosstraining then I ever could have staying in house.

Thats just a bit off the top of my head, not sure if thats what you are looking for or not.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.