The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

Go back and look, Mike.

October 23 2008 at 2:18 PM
No score for this post
R.M. Robertson  (Login rmcr)
from IP address 71.189.154.181

Response to Good guess

First off, thanks for the snide reply. I deliberately tried to stay on the mild side, as you've made it clear that I'm not welcome here and I don't want to tax Mr. Meredith et al to no useful purpose, but thanks. And don't even try to pretend that that's not exactly what you did: I've read your stuff, and I understand how you write, and fake brotherhood and phony humility that covers the knife is exactly what you do. For example, I quite liked the, "guru," try, though there is the minor tech detail that I've never made any such claim. Being the Young Master and Official Propaganda Minister is YOUR burden; I have very different stupidities. For example, I sucked so bad in advanced class last night that I actually started giggling about it.

Second off, go back and look at that however-old video. Some of the basics were dead on; there was one really crappy stance-and-handsword that makes me wince just to think of it. But then, I believe I first said that, oh, five or six years ago. I was clear, distinct, explicit about that. Waddya want, wicker? But as far as your lecturing me on what I need to do--well, lemme just echo the words of Merry as tells the bad guy not to bother tootling and takes out his horn to alert all the hobbits: save your breath, I've a better.

Third: let me say it again; a) I've come to think that you and yours have a good point in calling those exercise forms, and I just don't see many signs of treating them that way on the videos I've seen. b) I don't think you need to get into the authorial fallacy to suspect that a big chunk of the prob with contemporary kenpo is crappy forms, or that a lot of the complexity is getting stripped out of the system. And let me add: whatever you may think about that aged video...well, let's just say I could teach you a few things about stances. Oh, and I bet this also goes for Scott.

Fourth: you'll now have a clear field for whatever, for exactly the reasons I mentioned above. This crap is exactly why I post less and less on kenpo, and I've contributed enough to it for the month.

Byeee,
R.M. Robertson.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.