The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

Guru's Blues

December 14 2008 at 4:09 PM
No score for this post
R.M. Robertson  (Login rmcr)
from IP address 71.189.154.181

Response to Re: beyond the fact that maybe....

"I can't find anyone/To tell me what to do..." real song. Look it up, Allen Ginsberg.

Otherwise, what's with the, "threatened by anybody who's not in your circle," bit? I don't feel threated: I feel exasperated, because this is actually the 11, 321st time I've seen this discussion on KN. And I don't buy the whole, "America's streets are running red with blood," stuff and yes, I HAVE actually spent rather a lot of time in some scary city places.

Other otherwise: I train and teach forms, techniques, basics, sparring. I consider them at least as important as all the rest of the jazz (training "composure," and, "confidence," and, "self-discipline," seem good things to teach and lower the level of violence), and I don't consider myself qualified to teach anybody to creep about like a ninja.

In other words, I train modestly. I hear a man's gotta know his limitations, and that seems good to me. You train more street-fighty, and probably in a more dangerous place to live: that seems fine too, but it ain't the be-all and end-all any more than the way I train and teach is.

Thanks,
R.M. Robertson

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: Guru's Blues - LaValle Bullard-Muhammad on Dec 14, 2008, 4:59 PM
  •  
  • Foundations - LaValle Bullard-Muhammad on Dec 14, 2008, 5:12 PM
  •  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.