Just to Clarify.....January 27 2009 at 10:19 PM
No score for this post
Haas73 (Login haas73)
from IP address 220.127.116.11
Response to american kenpo and kajukenbo...how are they different?
I kind of expected to get alot of flak for this post.So let me add a few things. Let me first say that I have trained in Kenpo so I do have knowledge of the system. My points are this.
1.I do believe Kajukenbo people hit harder,instead of saying "This is where I could have kicked you in the groin" I actually did get kicked (wearing a cup of course).I have went home when many brusies and bloody noses and enjoyed every minute of it.
2.Kajukenbo stylist don't suffer from Dunlop Diease (The belt dunloped over the stomach).So to me that means we stay in better shape than most Kenpo guys.
3.I have yet to see one person promote himself or herself to the rank of Grandmaster without Sijo's approval.
4.See number 1.
5.Compare a Kenpo technique to Kajukenbo technique and you will see the difference.
Kenpo= Long and flashy
Kajukenbo=short and to the point(i.e. K.I.S.S)
6.Yes Kenpo folks do whine.
7.Yes Kenpo folks do kiss ass.
Kajukenbo allows people to train in a myriad of arts without having to go outside to crosstrain.However, Kenpo folks are pretty much one dimensional when it comes to certain areas of fighting. So they have to go outside of Kenpo and crosstrain, where as someone in Kajukenbo doesn't.Now as for all of the challenges and "Come and see me and I'll kick you ass" talk.It amazes me how petty people are when someone expresses a like of another system other than Kenpo,they are "challenged to a duel".You guys are class acts.But if you insist on seeing how effective Kajukenbo is then I suggest you call GM Greg Harper, Professor Bono, Professor Bishop,and set up a friendly little match.Anyway just my two cents worth.And remember "Train strong to remain strong".
|This message has been edited by haas73 from IP address 18.104.22.168 on Jan 27, 2009 10:22 PM|
- Coward - Jeff Koloski on Jan 27, 2009, 10:51 PM
- Ok... - Haas73 on Jan 28, 2009, 6:31 AM
- Re: Ok... - Dan Weston on Jan 28, 2009, 9:32 AM
- Haas - John on Jan 28, 2009, 6:16 PM
- Re: Just to Clarify..... - Dan Weston on Jan 28, 2009, 1:20 AM
- "Class Acts" - Dan Weston on Jan 28, 2009, 9:30 AM
- Clarity - Michael Miller on Jan 28, 2009, 10:17 AM
- Re: Just to Clarify..... - Dan Weston on Jan 28, 2009, 11:47 AM
- Well - Clyde T. O'Briant on Jan 28, 2009, 11:55 AM
- Re: Well - Dan Weston on Jan 28, 2009, 12:11 PM
- re:Well - Anonymous on Jan 28, 2009, 12:51 PM
- Why? - Clyde T. O'Briant on Jan 29, 2009, 6:09 AM
- Let's Try This Again - Dan Weston on Jan 29, 2009, 10:06 AM