The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

RE

February 2 2009 at 1:31 PM
No score for this post
carl  (Login blfycdq)
from IP address 209.136.134.158

Response to Re: RE

Next, both techniques have your arms pinned by the attacker. I find it unrealistic to assume that you are going to "shoot" your arms Out". That isn't going to happen. You have very limited movement available from your arms, and that is part of the lesson of these techniques.

There are many lessons to the above techniques, I agree to that! Now here is what I am thinking in regards to what you have taken the time to write above:

You are expanding your chest as you drop your height (prior to the arms thrusting out) which creates a situation where you can shoot your arms out in sync with your left leg creating a powerful grounded opening. This is accomplished because you are grounding yourself against the attacker causing him to readjust to your initial drop in weight which is not expected. Thus, his grip is compromised and he must make an adjustment and or move on to something else.

The above process creates a realistic approach to this attack. I agree that this is probably more than what most Kenpoists are doing with this technique, but never the less it is quite effective. Thoughts?

Best Regards,
Carl

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: RE - Anonymous on Feb 2, 2009, 3:19 PM
    • Re: RE - carl on Feb 3, 2009, 7:10 AM
      • Re: RE - Anonymous on Feb 3, 2009, 9:03 AM
        • Re - carl on Feb 3, 2009, 9:47 AM
          • Re: Re - Anonymous on Feb 3, 2009, 1:20 PM
            • Re: Re - carl on Feb 3, 2009, 3:17 PM
              • Re: Re - Anonymous on Feb 3, 2009, 3:58 PM
                • re - carl on Feb 3, 2009, 7:13 PM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.