The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

Dr. Amen's theories

April 4 2009 at 7:44 PM
No score for this post

Vishal Shukla  (Login vshukla)
from IP address 148.87.1.167

Response to Mr. Kirby's post is excellent...

I don't know if Dr. Amens theories are valid or not. I have read some of the information and am not afraid to admit it is over my head (and I'm actually pretty bright!).

I believe that like most scientific theories, they will either be validated or invalidated over time by empirical evidence. History may either judge him as a cutting edge genius who revolutionized his field or as a footnote. Once those judgments are in we can better asses his methods.

I'll rely on experts in the study of the brain to provide the evidence. I don't think a post on a martial arts forum, written by an English teacher, which references a 5 year old article that was written by a family practitioner who retired 20 years ago, is the final word.

I can tell you from my limited interactions with him at our studio that Dr. Amen and his wife are nice, humble, generous people who you wouldn't realize are "celebrities" unless someone pointed them out. Those are the kind of people I like to associate with and consider him an asset to BWKS.

I usually dont get involved in the pissing matches on these forums but we have a simple rule at BWKS, "If you jump on one, you jump on us all."

Respectfully yours,
Vishal Shukla

This message has been edited by vshukla from IP address 148.87.1.172 on Apr 4, 2009 8:22 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.