The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

I know

May 6 2009 at 3:23 AM
No score for this post

David  (Login kenpo58)
from IP address 98.111.147.166

Response to A reverse punch from a forward bow has transitional mass built in...

I said that but it is not as pronounce. It does not only have to do with depth of foreword translation but the speed. The push off with the rear foot accelerates you faster and should be taken advantage of. But I understand your point. It comes back to the concept that it does not matter how much you translate but that you translate at all. And in theory that is correct but there are other factors to consider like how far away the person is. It is also just common sense that if you coil yourself by digging in the rear foot and pressing like a runner you will increase power. I also think that there is a place for what you are saying and that place is dependent on distance. But from my perspective one does not engage at that distance level very often. One functions almost exclusively on the periphery of the critical distance and not inside it. To each their own Dave.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.