The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

Re: One also has to take into account...

May 6 2009 at 2:44 PM
No score for this post
  (Login kenpotom)
from IP address 207.200.116.6

Response to One also has to take into account...

Thanks for your informative input.

>BTW Mr Bleecker, congrats on the new gi. I merely assumed you still had the one Mr Parker kicked you in.< <br>
Well, the one Mr. Parker kicked me in would be slightly more than three years newer than my original (cheap) gi, which I assure you is long gone. Back in the early 1960s, we didn't have those heavy canvas uniforms - just the flimsy ones made from rice cloth (Chuck Sullivan always corrects me on this, saying they weren't made of rice cloth, and he's most likely correct). Not sure if my oldest gi is the one I was wearing on the night I received my Shodan. If I could obtain a copy of the video (Albert Conejo has it stored deep in the catacombs of his garage), I might have a clue. I'm sure I'd still cringe upon watching the video. In addition to receiving the customary ceremonial kick, Mr. Parker followed it with a blistering handsword to the left side of my neck.

Salute

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.