Let's talk Kenpo!June 25 2009 at 2:25 PM
No score for this post
Todd Durgan (Login sumdumguy)
from IP address 22.214.171.124
Ok, I am not usually one to start a thread on here but tire of some of the stuff that we seem to spend too much time on as I am sure others do also. So let me ask a question that may help someone somewhere in their journey.
With all of the principles and concepts that exist in the kenpo system or the Arts for that matter, and all of the information there is to draw on, what in your opinion and experience would be the three most likely candidates (principle or concept) for importance to the laymen for self-defense in a combat situation?
Let me elaborate, let's say you have three weeks to work with a guy and off he goes never to be seen again. you want him/her to be able to defend him/herself effectively. What three main (master keys) if you want to call them that, would you teach this person?
I look forward to the interaction. if this has been on before let me know and I will delete the post.
- Three things I want them to be able to do, - Clark on Jun 25, 2009, 5:14 PM
- fwd/rvse - Todd Durgan on Jun 25, 2009, 7:12 PM
- Principle/Concept - Clark on Jun 25, 2009, 9:48 PM
- Hey Todd, - Clark on Jun 27, 2009, 1:46 AM
- Hmmm - Michael Miller on Jun 27, 2009, 8:27 AM
- Re: Hey Todd, - Todd on Jun 27, 2009, 12:39 PM
- 2 cents - john on Jun 25, 2009, 6:34 PM
- 3 keys to self-defense - c. kirby on Jun 25, 2009, 9:04 PM
- And back to the main question, - Clark on Jun 25, 2009, 9:51 PM
- In 3 weeks... - Darren Mahony on Jun 26, 2009, 3:50 AM
- Re: Let's talk Kenpo! - Chuck Peterson on Jun 26, 2009, 5:22 AM
- Pre-emptive engagement, depth-penetration, and accelerated multiplicity...a.k.a., - Dave Crouch, DC on Jun 26, 2009, 1:28 PM
- KISS - Sami Ibrahim on Jun 26, 2009, 3:39 PM
- Re: K.I.S.S. - Gary A Brewer aka BGile on Jun 28, 2009, 9:19 AM
- What 3 Things - Justin Dismore on Jul 2, 2009, 12:42 PM