The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

Interesting encounter with sparring.

January 29 2010 at 3:15 AM
No score for this post
Sheldon_Deitch  (Login Sheldon_Deitch)
from IP address 69.226.54.81

Early this evening I went down to a TKD dojang somebody I know teaches at & I ended up sparring there. I dont know if it's just this particular school in general or something common in TKD but what I noticed there is the TKD people there do not use their hands much at all. I'm not sure if they even train to use their hands when sparring who knows?

They could kick of course but unlike say Thai Boxers' these guys' tended to snap their kicks. All I had to do was get inside of whoever it was I was sparring & I was able to jam the kicks. Of course there is no hand strikes to the head in TKD but I was still able to overcome the people I did spar against using my hands almost all the time. It was interesting to say the least As before taking up Kempo I trained in Tai-Mantis Kung Fu so I'm comfortable kicking but at the same time am comfortable working with my hands. Guess that's why the transition from Tai-Mantis to Kempo wasn't such a drastic change.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.