Interesting encounter with sparring.January 29 2010 at 3:15 AM
No score for this post
|Sheldon_Deitch (Login Sheldon_Deitch)|
from IP address 220.127.116.11
Early this evening I went down to a TKD dojang somebody I know teaches at & I ended up sparring there. I dont know if it's just this particular school in general or something common in TKD but what I noticed there is the TKD people there do not use their hands much at all. I'm not sure if they even train to use their hands when sparring who knows?
They could kick of course but unlike say Thai Boxers' these guys' tended to snap their kicks. All I had to do was get inside of whoever it was I was sparring & I was able to jam the kicks. Of course there is no hand strikes to the head in TKD but I was still able to overcome the people I did spar against using my hands almost all the time. It was interesting to say the least As before taking up Kempo I trained in Tai-Mantis Kung Fu so I'm comfortable kicking but at the same time am comfortable working with my hands. Guess that's why the transition from Tai-Mantis to Kempo wasn't such a drastic change.
- sparring encounter - Sami Ibrahim on Jan 29, 2010, 5:57 AM
- The reality - Michael Miller on Jan 29, 2010, 9:41 AM
- As well... - Jamie Seabrook on Jan 30, 2010, 11:56 AM
- I'd be careful about underestimating Korean stylists - tom bleecker on Jan 29, 2010, 10:14 AM
- Why be so nice to TKD? - Amen Rahh on Feb 3, 2010, 5:12 AM