The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Perfomance

February 26 2010 at 11:40 AM
No score for this post
Sami Ibrahim  (Login kenposoldier01)
from IP address 24.42.198.239

Response to So, In A Self defense Situation.....

"Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Perfomance" ~USMC Wisdom

It would be nice to be able to plan for every possible disturbance in the force but truth be told no ammount of planning is ever going to account for every possible attack or consequence. That is simply not how life works. Even if we make the best plans it does not mean that things will go according to them. Still drilling emergency plans, such as escape from a fire, robbers in the home, getting lost, etc. with our loved ones is still a wise investment in time.

Daily plans such as what routes we take, the times we use for travel, taking the weather into account oh and of course avoiding those things that kill more Kenpoist and other humans like fatty foods full of that bad heart clogging crap... and I am speaking for myself on that one lol

Tactics like have a weapon or two in every room in your home and in every car or truck you drive, have some good rope handy in case you can take them alive. Having a hidden cam available in your home, work and parking lot in case you have to go to court later. Does not have to be yours, can just park in an area that has one. Anyway lots of little things can help. How you dress for example can offer protection or can hinder movements.

How often do you work on a run or a sprint, cause both of those skills really come in handy when the shiznit hits the fan.

All that said, one thing that I feel is important is that if you can avoid a fight by taking the "humble" path, saying sorry even if you do not mean it and falling back should be a goal when you encounter a possible problem with someone... If you get in the habit of using manners and things of that nature, you can keep the mind set of when you have to attack I mean defend yourself you can then go 110% because you have no choice.

The exception being when your job forces you to put your batman outfit on and save the world in that case bring a good sidekick lol

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.