From the extension of Clutching Feathers, CIrca, 1990August 14 2010 at 5:32 PM
No score for this post
|Clark (Login kenpoborg2)|
from IP address 184.108.40.206
Response to Re: Progressive Directional Harmony.
A dotted line delineates the first 3 movements from the last 5.
#4 Without disrupting the flow and momentum of your right hand strike, pivot counterclockwise into a right reverse bow (while slightly altering your orbit), and convert your right hand into a right downward hammer fist strike to your opponent's groin. Simultaneously have your left hand check near the right side of your face.
#5. Immediately pivot back to a right neutral bow, facing 12 o'clock, while executing a right outward back knuckle strike to the right side of your opponent's face. Simultaneously have your left hand positionally check.
(wait for it........)
6. Utilizing Progressive Directional Harmony, have your left foot cross over and in front of your right foot into a left front twist stance, facing 12 o'clock. (1) Prior to planting your left foot execute a left vertical to your opponent's sternum, simultaneous with a right horizontal forearm check, below your left punch. (2) As your left foot plants into the twist stance execute a right inward horizontal elbow strike to your opponent's left maxillary hinge. Simultaneous with this strike execute a left inward horizontal heel palm strike to his right maxillary hinge, thus causing a sandwiching effect.
7. Simultaneously, (1) thread a right knee kick into your opponent's groin, (2) execute a right outward heel palm strike to his solar plexus, (3) execute a left inward five finger circular claw across your his face.
....and I could go on but I think I have illustrated that I DID NOT CREATE Progressive Directional Harmony.
My point is, when you read the description in the Encyclopedia of Kenpo, and then read the steps involved in the CF extension, the words do not begin to describe what it feels like to be hit this way. I liken it to the feeling of walking in to an immovable object. You bounce off of the punch as it comes in. Makes the whole Correlation of Forces a bit more understandable.
Simulating conversations only happen when one shares their understanding of their subject. My Kenpo is pretty much the same as yours Todd, accents vary though. Have a great Kenpoborg day!
Clark D. Cole SI
WE ARE BORG...............
- Re: From the extension of Clutching Feathers, CIrca, 1990 - L. Soares on Aug 16, 2010, 8:27 AM
- Maxilary hinge - Phelan,Brian on Aug 18, 2010, 9:07 PM
- Re: From the extension of Clutching Feathers, CIrca, 1990 - Gary A Brewer aka BGile on Aug 21, 2010, 10:30 AM