The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

Re: Steve Muhammad

August 20 2010 at 12:00 PM
No score for this post

(Login amenrahh)
from IP address 41.207.91.16

Response to Steve Muhammad

Yes I agree 100 percent with you on this. I personally trained with Sijo for ten straight years until his first retired in 1992. And in those years I almost never missed a class. I remain in contact to this day, and have never found any system or stand up fighting Art which even comes close to his. I introduced his form of Kenpo in Africa, and it has stood the test of time as a basic straight to the point attack system which thousands of Kenyans have choosen over Shotokan and Taekwondo. Sijo's BKF stance has always been in debate. Doctor Chapel came to my school in South Central and tried to explain the Strong Foundation of Parker' stance, but it is a wasted argument. I feel GM Parker had to know the BKF stance was superior, because he watched Sijo in action for many years against other competitors, including AKKA's top players of that day. I think he had to refuse Sijo his Blackbelt because others in AKKA would have started imitating Sijo's rebel stance. Sijo had to go to another School and was finally promoted by GM Chuck Sullivan. I bet there is a deep deep story there.

www.kkfkenpo.110mb.com
www.africansportkarate.110mb.com
kkfkenpo@yahoo.com

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.