The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

Question about foot positioning in LF1

September 4 2010 at 1:32 PM
No score for this post
Clark  (Login CFAK)
from IP address 99.188.209.112

Page 27 of I.I. volume 5, steps 9 and 10 show 9 is the forward bow and 10 is the cat.

My question is, do you pivot the back foot so that it is on the 45 degree angle BEFORE you slide back to the transitory cat stance?

As I play with this transition I try to remember that the transition is not a rear cross then twist out, but a step through reverse movement. It also pays to remind myself that teaching the minutia of these movements are better left for later when the student has either asked for help or needs it so bad that a little tinkering will make it all clearer for them.

It feels odd to pivot the back foot in to the 45 degree angle before shifting weight and sliding the front foot back to the cat. The timing goes against how I do it now. But when the knee is bent so that the heel rises, the pivot in to the 45 degree angle feels best.

It's weird to think how long I have used the book to reference the forms within it and I am still seeing things that now seem important.

Clark

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.