The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

Re: I agree, however ...

September 9 2010 at 3:05 PM
No score for this post
Richard Post  (Login knpo22)
from IP address 207.200.116.6

Response to I agree, however ...

At what point in the confrontation are you aware of his intentions beyond just talking, yelling and or physical action taken towards you?

Confrontation is your Que, That's when I know... not the push. if you are doing the other things mentioned you are in "Denial" and you deserve to be hit.

"You are just a Tiger and can only react" Wonder if those lines from "The Perfect Weapon" were Mr. Parker's....maybe that's why Tigers are almost extinct.

If you are not always ready 100% of the time, then maybe you need to rethink your training to realize when you need to be more alert and or position/take action that will increase the odds in your favor.

I don't gamble unless it is a sure thing!!!!

.....Training Mr. Tatum laid out in Angelas' post supports that, in that the sooner you recognize what is happening the sooner you can react.

"Recognize" implies thought is involved....if you have to think about it, you are too late, you should have thought about it ahead of time before you ever got into the situation......People that train wisely should have considered this already, if you have not, then maybe you should!!!!

If you are only reacting, then you are no more than a puppett on a string and someone else is pulling those strings!!!!

If Physical is your only choice, you are limiting your options. Mental and verbal can create the barriers you need to avoid the problem.....not just stepping forward or back or which hand should I lead with!!!!!

Bottom line, do what you want....the advice is free, it will save you years in your learning curve.....and the payoff could be priceless...Your Life!!!!!

Rich

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.