The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

Well Chad I was there

October 9 2010 at 4:55 AM
No score for this post

Amen Rahh  (Login amenrahh)
from IP address 41.215.224.89

Response to Re: Actualizing the American Kenpo System

Amen Says: Since when does criticizing certain points amount to disrespect? Criticizing is very healthy to an Art. What makes you think that GM Parker didn't ask for opinions when he was making up techniques?? Do you think he just sat in a chair and came up with over 100 techniques?? No he had to have a partner on whom he tested and retested movements. He had to ask that partner what he thought of a particular move, trap, strike, lock, or takedown. I know because I made a technique without using a partner and mistakes were made. So I learned that one has to except critizism and even demand it when formulating techniques. So I ask my partner what he thinks of a technique I made up, and he says "I don't think it will work". Do you mean I am so small minded that I have to believe he is disrespecting me because he gave an honest opinion?? Do you think Maybe I should replace him with someone who will not disagree with WHATEVER I say??

www.kkfkenpo.110mb.com
www.africansportkarate.110mb.com
kkfkenpo@yahoo.com

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.