The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

Re: Is it a good technique?

November 3 2010 at 4:29 AM
No score for this post
  (Login knpo22)
from IP address 207.200.116.6

Response to Re: Is it a good technique?

It's not as much wrong as watered down.....Mr. Parker did it that way for the lower belts and 90 day wonders!!!! Mostly for Liability reasons.

What makes you think the angle is correct? Someone told you,You went through the upper levels, or you found out for yourself??????

Like the kicking up ritual after passing a test....Do you think an Orange Belt can take a Black Belt kick if the intent was to harm, not instill confidence?

Like sticks in FMA...they are not clubs but swords...different application when striking with a stick as a stick vs. striking with a sword.

Like Makiwara training the strike is below the heart not above it or it causes weakness in your own heart and can lead to stroke or death....

Aikido is not about size but Harmony. Do you see force or redirection? I am sure the smaller guy has thrown Steven Sensei once or twice.

No big secret about striking the throat....name the technique then tell me the angle of the strike....I will bet that the manual will show you a 2D reference!!!

The answers have always been there, however the perspective has changed....

This message has been edited by knpo22 from IP address 207.200.116.6 on Nov 3, 2010 4:32 AM
This message has been edited by knpo22 from IP address 207.200.116.6 on Nov 3, 2010 4:31 AM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.