The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

sbk

November 13 2010 at 8:18 PM
No score for this post

Chuck  (Login Inkspill)
from IP address 208.54.38.62

Response to On the spinning back kick

My right spinning back kick is getting pretty good, turning to the cat, spine erect, bending and lifting to position one while I look over the shoulder behind me, fire the kick and return to position one, step down across the toe line into cover step position and cover back to face the target.

My left spinning back kick from a right neutral bow has the most trouble. I've been feeling some pain in my right ankle when I try to keep the knee bent, I jacked my ankle years ago and it gets this weird tension, then if I move it enough it'll pop and then hurts less. I need to practice more is all, the more I practice the better it will get.

I'm the only one who stands in my way, I know what I need to do, and it's my Kenpo, I need to do what I know, make myself DO. But each day is a new day. I made myself practice all my blue stuff. Tomorrow is all my basics and my blue, then Monday is yellow and then class. Tuesday is orange and Wednesday is purple and class. Just gotta practice every day. Brain is a goal seeking mechanism.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.