The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

Tech Haters Cont...

November 16 2010 at 2:24 PM
No score for this post

(Login ToddDurgan)
from IP address 24.18.174.156

So of all the dribble about how this works and that doesn't and we do it this way and I do it that way, not once has anyone (that I have seen) addressed the one predetermining factor or element prior to any attack? Telegraphing/point of origin... out of all of the video posted on the net and all of the fights that I have seen and been a part of telegraphing is common to all of them. Almost everyone has a foot or shoulder or head movement that leads them into or is prior to any offensive or defensive move. People (generally) don't REALLY train themselves to not telegraph. There is almost always a foot moving or head bob or cock that happens pre-attack or defense. Before you hop on and start attacking this watch some of your own videos, and watch the "big picture" to see what is and what isn't moving prior to any offensive or defensive move. This is an element that is or should be learned as a direct result of practicing forms/kata yet most people don't. This is an observation not an attack, if I where attacking I would post video of various individuals and their "telegraphic ways".

Let the Games begin!
Todd Durgan

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.