Return to Articles  

Telegraphing

November 18 2010 at 6:41 PM
No score for this post
Chad Warner  (Login ChadWarner)
from IP address 184.1.15.240

Response to Yet same

Dan:
Two hand choke- note the elbows and shoulders, how they feel as the arms come up, out and forward. Think of this in terms of planes of action, and how those planes structure muscles and joints to have maximum effectiveness in the direction of the intended force.

Two hand push to chest- notice as you do this there is a preparatory gathering, palms turn inward and upward just before the arms shoot forward, fingers up. Feel the difference in the way your muscles present and the joints align all through your arms (including shoulders).

Double heel palm strike to chest- palms turn completely upward and are brought higher just before arms shoot forward. Again, feel the difference in muscles and joints. Think of your line of action, and how it defines those planes as well as the internal structure needed to support that action.

Now, think of the small tells you gave for each movement. From that range, equal opponents, you are going to connect. If his defense is going to stop you, hell have to subconsciously read the tells you gave and move to first survive the attack, and to set up his counter.

Chad:
I don't align myself until the weapon is launched and depending on what type of power I am highlighting I may not align myself especially if I am back peddling and striking. That is the point of striking from point of origin, and not moving other parts of your body that give an indication of what your plans are. Heavy amounts of sticking hands along with isolation drills remove those idiosyncrasies from movement.

Dan:
At longer ranges, or with experienced vs. inexperienced, his ability to read those tells may make the difference in dealing with an attack or an attempt. But, in any case, those small preparatory movements that internally structured you for your attack gave away the type of attack, if he knows what he is looking at.

Chad:
There is not a need to pre form natural weapons. Isolation drills teach not to do it or the target will be removed and you will hit air. Do that enough times you will learn much about balance, over commitment and extra movement that has nothing to do with your hand hitting the target.

Dan:
I dont know if your system breaks its planar theory down that far, but when I think in terms of centerline theory, moves are broken down to individual internal components. Helps me target strikes and understand manipulations, as well as formulating defenses. Look at Mr. Durgan as he went from his cross block defending an overhead club, to his joint manipulations. He first locked the elbow to prevent its collapsing, then went to his arm bar, or to alternate joint manipulations. Think internally, and youll see he entered all the way to the opponents spine with that simple upward pressure to the elbow, thus controlling all 3 dimensions and giving him total control of the planes he would work in.

Chad:
Your age and art please.

Dan:
1 & 3 Are similar, and I agree. That is why it is so important to learn the proper attack, and work our technique up to where it is done with a reasonable simulation of street intent and realism. The only way to ingrain the response into subconscious memory is to see the attack realistically, over and over.

Chad:
Yep, and then over and over again to train yourself how to control the super conscious.

Dan:
Obviously too, as you get more experienced those tells diminish as those structural moves are internalized and set in muscle memory. And there is the added differences in a strike or push intended to roll and uproot or one meant to shoot in and take his balance. So too should your subconscious recognition skills increase.

Chad:
Now I am thinking you have Tai Chi Chaun experience.

Have a nice day
W
http://www.kenpoguy.com/

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.