The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

Rational vs. Rationalizing

November 28 2010 at 8:41 AM
Score 5.0 (1 person)
Bob White  (Login whitekenpo)
from IP address 98.148.82.9

People have asked me many times when I will put on the 10th Degree. I just don`t see it in my future. I could rationalize and try hard to justify wearing it but it would be a lie. My conscience will not allow this to happen. I would not be rational and think that I should wear the same rank as Ed Parker. What he accomplished in 59 years is not even close to being duplicated. With people handing out promotions to higher ranks for monetary gain, our art is being diluted to the point that we are an embarrassment. Anything can be rationalized if one tries hard enough. It still does not make it right.
Ed Parker based our art on logic. Try applying logic to the fact that we are top heavy on 10th Degrees. We have 10th`s that are not even on the original family tree. We have 10th degrees that do not have the respect of their peers or a history of service back to kenpo. I would suggest getting a list of accomplishments that Ed Parker has and then list your own. If you pale in comparison, and you will, then give it some serious thought before you put on the rank.
Respectfully,
Bob White

This message has been edited by whitekenpo from IP address 98.148.82.9 on Nov 28, 2010 9:12 AM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.