The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

You forgot to mention Alvin...

December 8 2010 at 11:56 AM
No score for this post
Chosen One  (Login MasterPain)
from IP address 74.7.214.197

Response to Re: Understood

Prouder! Amen, I'm surprised at you. You're from the BKF and you didn't mention their premiere fighter. As bad a** as Ray Wizard was and is, Alvin was many times better. Alvin was continuing to grow as a fighter until he was shot. Alvin entered the ring as a boxer and kickboxer and did well but only time would have told on his success. Alvin was a super bad a** and was quite dangerous.

I have seen many BKF fighters - I would even venture to say that I've seen more than you. In the late 70's and early 80's there were many awesome BKF fighters, with a few of them as dangerous or more dangerous than Alvin. I very much admired their ability.

However, along the BKF fighters, there were others who were as good. Trejo and the East LA group, some of Tracy's guys, and of course Bob Whites group. As you know, BKF teams met Bob Whites teams many times in the Finals. So, as good as the BKF was and may still be, they were certainly not or will be the end all.

Respectfully,
The Chosen One

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Martial ArtsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.