The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

Re: You forgot to mention Alvin...

December 8 2010 at 10:15 PM
No score for this post

Amen Rahh  (Login amenrahh)
from IP address 197.178.3.192

Response to You forgot to mention Alvin...

Ahh Alvin Prouder. This could take long. I knew Alvin well. Studied him for years. Went to see him in Hospital when he was shot. Fought him in practice hundreds of times. Love his sister. Was there all through his come back after he was shoot. I was the one who ran out in the Long Beach Arena parking lot to tell him Parker said he could fight, after other officials refused him. then I watched a true champion work his magic as he won his division with two bullets still in his head. I could go on and on about Alvin for hours. I didn't mention him because Miller said he was talking about street fighting. As great as Alvin was in the ring, he was no match for other BKF fighters like Micheal Holmes or Joe Swift in his later years. This is the tragedy of BKF. It had so so many great Fighters who slipped in and out of fighting shape. To see Joe Swift, who use to lose to Alvin repeatedly, in his 2nd come back was to see Total and complete Greatness. I was fortunate to have him teach his last days at my 109 school. Joe Swift had Arms like a tree. He lifted weights and he was tall, big, and super strong. He perfected his kicks and ALWAYS HAD to hold back from hurting all his opponents in the ring. Though he and Alvin never met in the ring when he became active again. I can say this since I fought both of them, Joe Swift pound for pound after his come back in the 1990's, had moved himself to championship level and beyond. It was only that he, like Holmes were really effected by BKF's notorious & sometimes deadly physical politics.

www.kkfkenpo.110mb.com
www.africansportkarate.110mb.com
kkfkenpo@yahoo.com

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Martial ArtsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.