The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

The techniques

January 3 2011 at 6:16 PM
No score for this post
Sami Ibrahim  (Login kenposoldier01)
from IP address 76.73.210.164

Response to my thoughts

I personally like a kenpo technique approach to learning basics. Basics are introduced in the same sequence as the technique to be learned, followed by putting them together in the technique which gives the basic moves definitions and a good frame of reference. After the moves have been defined I like to condition them in isolation on bags, pads or anything that will allow for full transfer of power. From that point I look to go back and mirror watch them in solo to see if I can catch any signs of poor posture or openings I may be leaving or other flaws. From that point I like to revisit the technique and start to apply the speed while keeping the accuracy. After that I like to spar with the basics and see how I can use them when the opponent is trying to get away or resist. Normally the process repeats its self with the same basics a few times until they feel natural and familiar with the principles involved in executing the basic effectively. From there I move on to the next technique of basics.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Martial ArtsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.