The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

Secrets of Tracy's kenpo.... reality or fantasy!

February 1 2011 at 6:38 PM
No score for this post

Godlikeskill  (Login godlikeskill)
from IP address 75.34.198.182

The Secrets of Tracy's kenpo are they reality or fantasy, fact or fiction?

Hello i recently posted this question on Sanjosekenp, so i would like to ask the kenponet forum for their opinions.

As a 10year+ student of the tracy system, reaching the rank of Nidan in 2000, right around the time of the 1st GOE. Joe Simmonet quoted to a group of our black belts " Your kenpo starts too late, and ends too soon". after thousands of hours of teaching, countless katas, chinese set, earth & sky, shaolin hand set ect...under my belt his words really started to make me question some things.

Prior to becoming a black belt, it was told that once you reach the level of black belt all the doors will open, lights will turn on, the 9principles of Tracy's kenpo will be reveled and you would start to understand the secrets of Tracy's kenpo. Atleast thats what the head instructor of the school i attended fortold.

Now over those years i've seen good instructors/students leave after reaching BB or above. some were good friends that i keep in touch with, now weather they left because of ego, petty difference or personal agenda. Never the less no one spoke of reaching a level where the secrets of the system were reveled.

After learning more useless katas that had no relevance to Kenpo. Doing MORE & MORE techniques on how to defend against the "ALL MIGHTY RIGHT PUNCH!" i asked the question WHY! none of the other bb had any answers,One Instructor told me because Master Tracy said so, and the head instructor(who never came on the mat to do any type of hands on application or teaching) seem to give me the run-around. all i got from him was "keep practicing"

So i ask, Are the secrets of Tracy's Kenpo reality or fantasy, how long does one stick around to try and find the truth or do you make the choice and seek the answer elsewhere, weather it be another style of kenpo or an entirely different style of martial arts.

Thank You!
Godlikeskill

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Martial ArtsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.