The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

Re: Secrets?, just not seen yet...

February 9 2011 at 11:54 AM
No score for this post

Gary A Brewer  (Login BGile)
from IP address 74.46.253.79

Response to Secrets?, just not seen yet...

Regarding JS and his direction, lots of discussion about it at SJK...

If it takes you until 2nd degree BB to come up with confusion I have to think, in this modern world of MMA, very slow learner, LOL...

With all the training JS has been doing in other arts, I am surprised he did not come out in the open long ago...I did and have fought with others who are hardcore Kenpo folks since training with Bruce Juchnik in late 80's and realized that was the direction I wanted to go...

His art is really about 5 of them combined very skillfully...Most of it is based on Mitose he mentions, but if you study as I do you will see it is more into the Kuntao Silat of it to be honest...

American KunTao Silat

Two rich martial heritages melded into a synergistic American Martial Lifestyle

Historically, kuntao and silat have been practiced by ethnic groups divided by language and cultural diversities. Kuntao was the term describing the ethnic Chinese martial arts and silat was the generic term for the warrior arts practiced by the indigenous Indonesian peoples.

JS has only of late shown all similar findings, Hmmm...LOL

wink.gif

Gary

This message has been edited by BGile from IP address 74.46.253.79 on Feb 9, 2011 12:02 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Martial ArtsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.