The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

What's in "your" Kenpo?

March 15 2011 at 9:17 PM
No score for this post

godlikeskill  (Login godlikeskill)
from IP address 199.27.129.213

Hello, today i was reading some topics on various kenpo sites and came across the question "What is kenpo lacking?" Now of course many responded and their answers were ground fighting, jujitsu, weapons ect...

Ok i had to disagree, with the proper understanding and knowledge of kenpo i believe that it is not lacking. it has and is what it was intended to be.

Now i do understand why some may think that, but i find that to be a personal feeling. Some feel that there is not enough indepth material on grappling, jujitsu or weapons. And this is true to a point, tho the main focus is not on the material that some believe is missing, they are touched on in some form or another.

I look at Kenpo the way i look at all other martial arts, they all have a foundation that the art is built on, and if they stray too far from that, It becomes murky and unclear. If one wants to better themselves then they have every right to incorporate other material. On the other hand if one is content with what kenpo has to offer, then kenpo is complete for them.

comments, regards
thank you
Godlikeskill

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.