The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

Your welcome

May 14 2011 at 7:57 PM
No score for this post
David Arnold  (Login LuckyKBoxer)
from IP address 76.216.170.18

Response to thank you

But seriously what did you say.... let me shorten what you said.

"Extensions are mandatory!
Ed Parker was a genious and they are the best answer for an attack
I have three black belts from three different Journey Honorees so you have to believe me.
signed...
anonymous."
ummmm ok

I have seen so many versions of extensions from several different First Generation Black Belts under Ed Parker(however I do not have a black belt from any of them) and have talked about them with several others who never did the extensions, or who did but chose not to teach them.
There are some who claim the extensions was just more "stuff" added for monetary reasons. Filler if you will to extend the study time of practitioners.
As a matter of fact I don't think I have ever gotten the same answer from two different students of Ed Parker in regards to the extensions. Apparantly opinions vary drastically

I can appreciate that you are Gung Ho for them, I have found most versions I have seen to be some cool stuff, but I have also personally felt that it was a small percentage of what is important in the system. I have seen some cool movement that was unique to the extensions, but not so sure I would agree that it is the most logical end all be all of what to do when the action continues. All that said I will continue to watch, learn, and play with different versions of the extensions, mostly because its a hell of alot of fun.

let me ask you a few questions, since you are obviously very excited about the extensions.
What is the most important lesson learned in the extensions that is not in the rest of the system?
What do the extensions reinforce in new ways that is introduced in the techniques before the extensions?
Do you think that there is only one vaid version of each extension?
I am sure there is a ton of very intereslting conversations to be had from the extensions... besides... DO THEM!!!
Just in case you wanted to add some particularly powerful and insightful response....

This message has been edited by LuckyKBoxer from IP address 76.216.170.18 on May 14, 2011 7:59 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

• you're welcome - Kenpo_Dog on May 14, 2011, 8:30 PM
    • LOL - David Arnold on May 14, 2011, 8:37 PM
      • lol - Kenpo_Dog on May 14, 2011, 9:09 PM
        • awwww - David Arnold on May 14, 2011, 9:40 PM
          • thank you - Kenpo_Dog on May 14, 2011, 9:47 PM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.