The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

Re: You know what they say

July 21 2011 at 4:24 AM
No score for this post

(Login nlkenpo)
from IP address 81.30.35.149

Response to You know what they say

1. I never said it always takes 15 minutes. 15 minutes is the target which is met in 91% of the cases. I couldn't find an average, but it might very well be close to the 8 1/2 minutes Chuck mentioned.

2. If I ever get in the position that someone will invade my home and do the stuff you say I may feel very sorry for not having a gun, that's true. But that will be my opinion after being influenced by emotion, which it isn't right now, and shouldn't be when deciding on major issues like these.

Right now my attitude towards guns is: If guns were legal here, and as a result almost everyone would have one, I'd probably get one too en get training to be able to use it. But since they're not legal here, and as a result hardly anyone has one, and I don't have one either, I choose to train situations that are most probable to occur in my life, which is bare hand fights (and even those don't happen).

Because of statistics I prefer a community where there are as few as possible fire-arms around.
I just read a story thet more then 500 kids die in the US each year because of accidents with guns. Now I know that you guys overhere all handle yours guns responsibly, but this is what happens if you give everybody a gun. http://www.momlogic.com/2008/08/protect_your_kids_from_guns.php)

All that said, I'll repeate what I said earlier. As long as you guys are happy with your laws, and I'm happy with ours, we're all good aren't we?

Marcel de Jong, 4th Black from the Netherlands
[linked image]

http://www.katsudokenpo.nl

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.