The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

Hey Sami.

April 16 2012 at 10:42 AM
No score for this post
Clark  (Login CFAK)
from IP address 98.148.64.90

Response to Thoughts On: Kenpo Technique Sequence

Arguing for the intellectual aspects of what is and is not an ideal phase defense is not a common factor here on KN. Funny thing is, some posters here on KN seem to want to gloss over that whole Infinite Insights series (2 through 5 that is) as some kind of mental speed bump. For some to say that Kenpo is a target fixed system, well, I must have been wasting my time (and students time) on zones and
other things beside comparing techniques.

Chop to the throat, OR, hammer to the nads... hmmm, let me think... CHOICES! Wait, Finger whip to the eyes, look at that!, he raised both of his hands and guess what, I used the same hand to finger whipp his groin. Now HE has to make a CHOICE, which place to cover. Ah but wait, an outward back fist to his ribs, returning motion with an inverted vertical punch to his hip.

Zones.

The left hand pin trickles up throughout the system. It's how you pin that makes the rest of the ideal functional.

Let's add a little umpf to the attack and see how well the ideal functions. WHat is a dead hand attack? Is that an Oxymoron?

On to the attack Sami! The final frontier.
Clark
I sure hope I didn't waste anyone's time!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.