The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

Good post

April 17 2012 at 9:27 AM
No score for this post
Brye Cooper  (Login BC07)
from IP address 76.91.63.169

Response to Thoughts On: Kenpo Technique Sequence

Nice post, I like it when anyone "Dares" to question lol. Had the same note on Sunday in regards to books 3 through five (especially 4), IN 1985 I asked Mr. Parker a particular question about a particular situation (can't remember what) his answer was "Read the books" so I did. When I moved State side in 1988 I walked into his office and said it was the best advice I had had so far in my Kenpo journey, he said "Thats why I wrote them", and signed all of them one through five. I still have them and they are treasured to me not just because of the signatures but because that is where and when I started to explore and study the system. You have no idea how man Black belts have not even purchased them never mind read them. They are and where for me keys that opened the door and allowed me to become not only creative and inventive but certain in my Kenpo through the discovery of life's facets.

In regards to Sword and Hammer look at the natural reaction of the right hand from point of origin when grab at the shoulder and pulled backwards into the punch, the attack has a slight rotational effect on the body, the hands come up instantly in a protecting fashion this dictates a chop to the side of the neck, notice also that the arm is not extended it is positioned naturally into an open ended triangle (strong natural bracing angle). The tech is applied at very close range and not in the 'I know it's coming Dojo ballet mode', You will notice the right elbow sits naturally into the pocket of the sternum as you are pulled backward (It becomes a sequential activated height and depth check and strike )bringing the head forward. It is the folding (contouring) of your attacker around you right arm that dictates the hinging action of the arm at the elbow to strike at the groin whilst 'STILL" supporting your bracing angle, do not let this arm collapse or he will be all over you as he spontaneously reacts to the sensory perception and stimulation.

There is physycal, geometrical and inherent mental constituents to the ideas of motion "analyze don't memorize".

Best in Kenpo
Brye Cooper.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.