The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

ok well......j

May 22 2012 at 4:45 PM
No score for this post

Bob Hanes  (Login kenpo58)
from IP address 71.175.108.120

Response to Re: Well Actually

Well there are different ways to look at things. For me usually the thing is that my training really does not target areas that are speculative. It is taking chances and making assumptions. The vagus nerve deal is way too much of a gamble for me. I am a pretty esoteric guy but not in a fight. I simply cannot make assumptions like some nerve deal is gonna work. It is not to say that I am disregarding things like fitting and contouring, however I cannot make something like some nerve spell a goal, even if it did work.

In a fight Ireally do not think you as a martial artist should have preselected targets for the most part because that kind of takes the art out of it. I suppose for someone with very little training it might be a plausible strategy. But my experience in fights is that things just unfold and creativity happens. But the vagus nerve spell is just risky indulgence as least for me. Hey but if you have mastered these things and are confident so be it. I will try and drop him the old fasioned way like I have trained.

But seriously Gary Ireally believe the entire nerve strike stuff is nonsense and even if it did work it would be self indulgent assumptive risk taking at least from my perspective. As in the show "The X Files", there is a poster that says "I want to believe". But Ijust don't

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.