Horizontal vs. VerticalJune 28 2012 at 9:22 AM
No score for this post
Michael Miller (Login millhouse23)
from IP address 220.127.116.11
Response to ???
This is a topic in and of itself; and a good one I might add.
One major difference is a horizontal punch goes "to" the target and a vertical punch goes "through" the target. I like both of them and do both of them, however.
Being an ex boxer, I am used to the horizontal punch in a sport context. As for street, the vertical is better as a punch and the horizontal works very well for other things (utilizing the torque) such as hyperextending the arm. Although there is nothing wrong with using a horizontal punch to the body, you are gambling to use it to the face without hand protection. A vertical, as you mentioned, aligns the bones properly and has a much more favorable outcome if you punch the face bare handed.
Good topic. All in all, both are very effective used in the right context.
- Sometimes - Bob Hanes on Jun 28, 2012, 11:36 AM
- Hello, Bob - Michael Miller on Jun 28, 2012, 11:59 AM
- Kool Aid - Rick on Jun 28, 2012, 12:50 PM
- LOL. Love it. - Michael Miller on Jun 28, 2012, 3:27 PM
- It is not that - Bob Hanes on Jun 28, 2012, 4:30 PM
- Okay - Michael Miller on Jun 28, 2012, 5:05 PM
- Cool - Rick on Jun 29, 2012, 12:03 PM
- I agree with Bob - Sami Ibrahim on Jun 28, 2012, 4:09 PM