Return to Articles  

Dont assume...

August 1 2012 at 1:41 AM
No score for this post

Craig Tavis  (Login chtavis)
from IP address 174.21.181.204

Response to It's simple

It always creates problems.

I don't agree in that your statement presumes a simplistic view of what the motion within a technique really is. In reality your not attacking anything when defending. Your preemptivly moving into a stronger position within the universal pattern than your opponent. Attacking your opponent hopefully creates in them a reaction that creates the same result. It's a chicken and egg argument is all. Which came first? The technique or the attack. Example? I don't attack someone's wrist with a counter grab in crossing talon, I step into a left neutral bow as if my opponent isn't even there. I do this becuase we train such that there isn't any other reasoned course of action under those set of circumstances. So it's simple and complex. I hear you asking for a crude answer to a question that has been shown to have an elegant solution.

Sorry, just how I see it.

Thanks,
CT

but that's just my opinion I could be wrong.
Dennis Miller

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.