The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

CONFIDENCE IN KENPO/SELF

July 16 2014 at 11:03 AM
No score for this post
CHRISTOPHER KIJ  (Login KENPOKRAZE)
from IP address 63.235.111.226

THE FOREVER ONGOING DISCREPANCY OF WHETHER OR NOT STUDYING AT HOME IS EFFECTIVE IS SOLEY DEPENDENT ON YOUR CONFIDENCE IN YOURSELF AND THE ART WITH WHICH YOU STUDY. I HAVE SPENT YEARS OFF/ON TRAINING IN SCHOOLS AND RANDOM DOJOS AND HAVE SUCCUMBED TO THE REALIZATION THAT YOU GET OUT OF THE ART WHAT YOU PUT IN. IS THERE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PHYSICALLY TRAINING WITH OTHERS AND TRAINING ALONE?.....THE ANSWER IS YES. WHEN TRAINING WITH OTHERS, YOU GET THE FEEL OF WHAT IS ACTUALLY, PHYSICALLY HAPPENING WHICH HELPS WITH THINGS SUCH AS BALANCE, TIMING, AND SPEED AWARENESS. THE ULTIMATE MISTAKE THAT PEOPLE MAKE WHEN TRAINING ON THERE OWN IS THAT THEY DO NOT VISUALIZE WHAT IS HAPPENING THEREFORE THEY MIME THEIR WAY THROUGH THEIR TECHNIQUES ETC. DOES THIS MEAN THAT HAVING ANOTHER PHYSICAL BODY PRESENT IS BETTER THAN TRAINING ON YOUR OWN?......NOT NECESSARILY. THE KEY TO TRAINING AT HOME IS TO VISUALIZE AND HAVE THE CONFIDENCE IN YOURSELF TO MAKE WHAT YOU ARE DOING EFFECTIVE. I SPENT SOME TIME AS AN ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR ALONG WITH THE TIME I HAVE SPENT IN SCHOOLS AND TRAINING ALONE AND HAVE OBSERVED THAT WHEN IT COMES TO REAL LIFE SITUATIONS, IT WILL BE UP TO YOU TO REACT ACCORDINGLY !!......YOUR INSTRUCTORS ARE THERE TO GUIDE YOU THROUGH WHAT HAS TO BE LEARNED BUT IF THAT IS WHAT YOU SOLELY RELY ON, THEN YOU LACK THE CONFIDENCE IN YOURSELF TO REACT ACCORDINGLY. I HAD A STUDENT ONCE THAT WAS COMPLETELY CONFIDENT IN HIMSELF WHILE IN THE SCHOOL TRAINING BUT WHEN HE STUMBLED INTO A SITUATION OUTSIDE OF THE SCHOOL, HE FROZE AND THE OUTCOME WAS NEGATIVE. TRAINING YOUR NEUROMUSCULAR MEMORY TO REACT WITHOUT THINKING, HAVING THE CONFIDENCE TO UTILIZE THE TECHNIQUES THAT ARE EFFECTIVE, DIFFUSING SITUATIONS BEFORE THEY BECOME PHYSICAL, THESE ARE SOME OF THE THINGS THAT ONLY YOU YOURSELF CAN TEACH YOU. THE BEAUTY OF THE ART OF KENPO IS THAT YOU TAILOR IT TO FIT YOUR NEEDS. ITS IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND THAT ITS COMPLETELY UP TO YOU TO KNOW AND SEEK THE CONFIDENCE IT TAKES TO EXPLORE WHAT WORKS AND WHAT DOESNT WHETHER OR NOT YOU NEED SOMEONE PHYSICALLY PRESENT OR NOT. BE TRUE AND REAL TO YOURSELF AS TO NOT CHEAT YOUR WAY THROUGH THE ART LACKING THE CONFIDENCE NEEDED FOR IT TO SUCCEED. I WENT TO COLLEGE ONLINE AND WAS GIVEN MY ASSIGNMENTS AND TIMES THAT THEY WERE DUE SO IT ALLOWED ME TO ALLOCATE THE TIME THAT I THOUGHT WAS NECESSARY IN ORDER TO BE SUCCESSFUL. SOME PEOPLE HAVE TO ACTUALLY SHOW UP AND SIT IN A CLASSROOM IN ORDER TO ABSORB WHAT IS BEING INSTRUCTED. IF YOU TRAIN IN A CLASSROOM OR YOU TRAIN AT HOME THE END RESULT WILL REFLECT WHAT YOU HAVE PUT IN NOT WHETHER YOU WERE IN A CLASSROOM OR NOT. I FEEL THAT TRAINING AT HOME GETS TOO MUCH DISCREPANCY......HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU BEEN TO DIFFERENT SCHOOLS AND SAW BLACK BELTS DOING TECHNIQUES THAT WERE COMPLETELY OUT OF SYNC. AND NOT BECAUSE THEY DONT KNOW THEM BUT BECAUSE THEY NEVER REVISIT THEM. HOW WILL THEY WORK IF THEY ARE NEVER EXPERIENCED AGAIN?......HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOUR ART NO MATTER WHERE AND HOW YOU TRAIN AND THE REST WILL FALL INTO PLACE.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Martial ArtsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.