The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

Return to Articles  

AGREED

July 18 2014 at 3:56 PM
No score for this post
CHRISTOPHER KIJ  (Login KENPOKRAZE)
from IP address 63.235.111.226

Response to God Bless You

I AGREE WITH YOU THAT YOU SHOULD HAVE A MENTOR/INSTUCTOR AS I HAVE HAD MYSELF FOR QUITE A FEW YEARS. I ALSO AGREE WITH YOU THAT YOU DO RESPECT PEOPLE WHO TRAIN AT HOME. PEOPLE THAT HAVE NEVER TRAINED WITH ANYONE AND ALWAYS TRAINED AT HOME DO REINFORCE BAD HABITS BECAUSE THEY HAVE HAD NO GUIDANCE..............I AM NOT ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE. I ALSO AGREE WITH YOU THAT IT IS ALWAYS NICE TO SEE VIDEO, USE MIRRORS, ETC. TO SEE WHAT YOU ARE DOING INCORRECT ETC. BY APPLYING WHAT YOU HAVE LEARNED IN AND OUT OF THE CLASSROOM WITH GUIDANCE WILL GIVE YOU THE TOOLS YOU NEED TO MAKE SELF CORRECTIONS IN YOUR TRAINING AT HOME. I LEARNED THIS LONG AGO " NOT EVERY INSTRUCTOR IS A BLACK BELT, NOT EVERY BLACK BELT IS AN INSTRUCTOR ".THE PEOPLE THAT CHOOSE TO STUDY AT HOME WITHOUT EVER HAVING ANY MENTOR/INSTRUCTOR OR CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION DOESNT MEAN THAT WHAT THEY ARE LEARNING IS INEFFECTIVE.........ANYTHING THEY DO IS MORE EFFECTIVE THAN NOT HAVING DONE ANYTHING......WHETHER OR NOT THEY CAN PULL IT OFF IS ANOTHER ISSUE BUT NOT MUCH DIFFERENT THAN BEING IN A CLASSROOM. NO MATTER HOW YOU STUDY THE END RESULT RELIES IN HOW MUCH EFFORT YOU HAVE GIVEN. IT IS BETTER TO HAVE AND NOT NEED THAN NEED AND NOT HAVE. I DROPPED RANK IN THE ART OF KENPO 3 TIMES SO FAR ON MY JOURNEY AND BEGAN AGAIN BECAUSE I WAS INFORMED EACH TIME THAT WHAT I WAS LEARNING WAS NOT NECESSARILY CORRECT OR COMPLETELY OUT OF ORDER BUT FOR THE MOST PART IT WAS PIECES OF TECHNIQUES THAT WERE EITHER REMOVED AND ADDED ELSEWHERE OR NO LONGER BEING USED.THERE ARE PLENTY OF VIDEOS ONLINE AS WELL AS OTHER TOOLS TO HELP YOURSELF ALONG THE WAY IF YOU DO CHOOSE TO STUDY AT HOME.I SPENT TO MUCH TIME SITTING ON HOLD WAITING FOR OTHERS TO PROGRESS AS WELL AS BEING SHOWN HOW TO DO A TECHNIQUE CONSISTENTLY DIFFERENT BECAUSE EVERY INSTRUCTOR SAW IT DIFFERENTLY. THE BEAUTY OF THE PARKER SYSTEM IS THAT IT IS ENTIRELY BASED ON BASICS AND PRINCIPLES. MY MENTORS ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT IF YOU CANT DO THE BASICS AND PRINCIPLES THEN YOU WILL NEVER ACHIEVE TECHNICAL CORRECTNESS................I DISAGREE WITH YOU THAT STUDYING AT HOME GIVES YOU A SHELL, NO INSIDE, NO HEART.........I DO AGREE WITH YOU THAT YOU MAY BE SLANTED AND THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO STUDY AT HOME THAT SUCK. YOUR OUTCOME WILL ALWAYS DERIVE FROM YOUR INPUT....................GOD BLESS YOU !!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Martial ArtsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.