The KenpoNet Discussion Forum

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Articles  

Historic Martial Arts Event

October 7 2007 at 11:38 AM
No score for this post
tom bleecker  (Login kenpotom)
from IP address 207.200.116.196

Congratulations to TKD Grandmaster Byong Yu (one of the great fighters at the Long Beach Internationals) for bringing the official North Korean TKD fighting team to the United States and showcasing them at CBS Studio Center last night before 2,000 guests. Besides GM Byong Yu and a several hundred martial arts masters and grandmasters from many different styles, the Father of American TKD was present - Grandmaster Jhoon Rhee - many old timers who read this forum will surely remember Jhoon, who was a close friend of Mr. Parker.

This is the first time that the North and South Korean TKD factions had come together in a common bond to reunite Korea under one flag and to get martial arts into the Olympics. The several American Kenpoists who were invited as the personal guests of GM Byong Yu thoroughly enjoyed the evening. A special thanks to CBS President Michael Klausman for providing the CBS facilities and donating $250,000 of his own money to sponsor this historic event.

Respectfully,
tom bleecker

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Martin Seck
(Login Martin_Seck)

Re: Historic Martial Arts Event

No score for this post
October 7 2007, 12:03 PM 

Mr. Bleecker, did this air last night or will it be airing soon?

Thanks!

Martin Seck

tom bleecker
(Login kenpotom)

In response

No score for this post
October 7 2007, 4:22 PM 

I'm fairly certain that the program wasn't televised live last night from CBS, although I did note live radio broadcasts being done in both English and Korean. Because of all the filming that was going on throughout the evening (I saw at least four cameras), my sense is this historic event will be shown throughout both North and South Korea and will msot likely air on CBS at some point.

Salute

Martin Seck
(Login Martin_Seck)

Re: In response

No score for this post
October 8 2007, 10:29 AM 

Found a video link of the tour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l-pigQYC68

and the website is

http://www.usnktkd.com/

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Articles  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Visitors since April 1999

Thanks for visiting.