It's tomorrow! Hope you're all excited.
Just spoke with Mr. Paul Dye. He's got some great material planned for his seminar tomorrow. The event has gotten media coverage. It's almost show time...
Which got me thinking how tremendous this is, to have all these high ranking Black Belts, all at the same place, all teaching and sharing. How awesome is that? And they're doing so not for any personal gain, but for the love of Kenpo, to pass on the knowledge, and to share in the vision of helping these children in need. As I shared with our presenters:
Pastor Chris and I just want to have an environment where we're all able to connect with one another, learn and train with one another, and enjoy the time we have together - All for the purpose of helping children in need, children we may never meet personally, but still need someone to help defend them from life situations not of their own choosing.
Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow!
For those of you on the road or on a plane, travel safely.
P.S. Here's the info one last time (With hopefully no more changes!):
On behalf of Pastor Chris Stewart with Trinity Karate for Christ, and myself with Victory Karate, I would like to announce the Kenpo Ohana 2011 charity benefit camp in Downey, California, on Saturday, September 24, 2011. All net proceeds will be going to support these 3 charities:
* Missionaries in India who rescue children from the slave trade,
* Missionaries in Asia who run an orphanage and school,
* The Royal Family Kids Camp, who ministers to abused children.
The list of presenters and their time slots are currently scheduled as follows (subject to change):
* Grandmaster Robert Temple: Partnership Training - Focusing on Timing and Rhythm for Combat
* Senior Professor Rich Hale: Elements of Kenpo - Little things that make a big difference
* Professor Dr. David Crouch: Universal Patterns of Motion in the Kenpo System
* Master Bob White/Captain Ron Sanchez: Purpose Driven Journey to Success - How to Improve Your Skills
* Grandmaster Bishop Donnie Williams: Torque, Power, & Accuracy in Punching
* Associate Professor Manny Martinez: Kenpo in the Cage
* Head Instructor Clark Cole: Break Stance Method - How to turn Motion into Movement
* Dr. Ron "Doc" Chapel, PhD/Professor Ryan Angell: SubLevel 4 Kenpo
* Master Paul Dye: Blending old Parker Kenpo and new Parker Kenpo
* Senior Instructor Barbara White: Women's Self Defense
* Ray Caldwell: Ground Fighting From the Perspective of Competitive Wrestling
Remembering that 100% of the proceeds from this event will be going to charity should encourage us to dig deep into our pockets to support such great organizations. We have tried to keep the fees reasonable considering the high level of instruction provided by our volunteer instructors.
- Single 2-hour seminar only: $29
- t-shirt only: $15
- DVD (each): $35
- DVD set (volumes 1-3): $79
- Lunch only: $12
- Camp only (3 2-hour seminars): $79
- Full camp package (3 2-hour seminars, lunch, shirt, 3 DVD set; $219 value): $159
For those in difficult financial situations, we understand and still want you to partake. You can attend 1 seminar for $10 and pay the remaining $20 by October 31, 2011. Want to go all day? $20 gets you in for the entire day of seminars, and then pay the remaining $60 by October 31, 2011.
To pre-register, go here:
Downey - Embassy Suites
8425 East Firestone Blvd.
Downey, CA 90241
Tel: (562) 861-1900
Direct: (562) 299-1620
Mention "Kenpo Ohana '11"
and receieve our special room rate of $130.00/Night
Better Hurry!! We only have a block of 10 rooms reserved!
if you make your reservation before 9/6/2011
***Full cook to order breakfast is included***
Please remember to bring any necessary training equipment: sticks, knives, safety glasses, shoes, t-shirt, towel, water, etc.
Pastor Chris and his team at Trinity Karate and myself are working hard to ensure you have the best possible experience, and all of our presenters are excited about the opportunity to share their time, knowledge, and energy with you, all to help these children who really have no one else to help them in their situations. If we can make this a success, then it will be a win, win, win for all of us.