<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Don't get interviewed in Florida!

April 7 2000 at 11:35 AM
Anonymous  (no login)
from IP address 206.128.209.19

Schumann in FL is very unprofessional
by Anonymous
Dr. Schumann, the interviewer in FL, should have been my first indication of how things were going to be at Ross. I had already heard horror stories prior to my meeting, but nothing could prepare me for that!

After yelling at me (literally) for a while about how working in the medical field as a pre-med was not beneficial to my admission (because that it not real medicine) and advising me not to even bring it up, he proceeded to tell me that I would never get into HIS school and would never be an MD. He asked me if there was anything that I would like to add. I asked if he would please look at my long list of extracurricular activites which I had participated in, including community service, etc. He continued to yell saying, "Only three things matter when getting into medical school...G P A!" About 2 weeks later, I unfortunately received my acceptance letter.

The interviewers from other states are supposed to be more professional. I would advise anyone living in Florida to spend the extra money to fly to another state rather than have to go through that demeaning torture. Best of luck.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mason
(no login)

Interview in Michigan

April 7 2000, 3:47 PM 

Too bad your interview was a bad experience. I cannot recall the woman's name that interviewed me in Farmington Hills, Michigan. However, my experience was quite the opposite. She was courteous, knowledgeable, and thoughtful in her answers to all of my questions. I enjoyed the experience and will begin at Ross in May.

Mason

Respond to this message   
Bobbie Jean
(no login)

Interview in New York

April 7 2000, 6:02 PM 

My interview was excellent. It was informative and conducted professionally. I am also starting in May

Respond to this message   
Dale
(no login)

Schumann

April 8 2000, 7:18 AM 

I had a similar experience with Dr. Schumann. It was touch and go there for a while, but at one point his manner seemed to be so absurd that I began to think it was an act, "bad doc" instead of "good doc" or something. Fortunately Ms. Grigsby, who is also in the Fla. office, told me afterward that that was exactly it...he is of the old school, and believes in testing an individual's capacity to handle him/herself with difficult, unreasonable people, which sick and injured people, i.e. patients, often are.

Still, it wasn't one of the better afternoons I have spent LOL.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Is this the same Shumann accused of pressuring female students for sexual favors?

April 8 2000, 6:45 PM 

Is this the same Shumann accused of pressuring female students for sexual favors in exchange for grade increases? Interesting if it is because I thought that he was rumored to have been fired by the University. No idea personally. Could be that he was forced of the island and this was part of the deal the University made.

Seeking answers.

Respond to this message   
Former Ross Student
(no login)

You people make me laugh

April 9 2000, 12:01 AM 

The only reason why Ross bothers with an interviewing process is to put up the facade that it is a "real medical school." The only thing that Ross cares about is that you have a pulse and you can sign over that nice, juicy financial aid check.

For those unfortunate enough to end up in that hellhole, I sympathize with you and I pray you make it out in five semesters unscathed. As for myself, I jumped ship after one semester after being accepted at a US medical school (thank God!!!!!!!)

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Medical SchoolCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Locate IP address :

or