<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

GOING BACKWARDS

May 14 2009 at 2:27 PM
No score for this post
BOB  (no login)
from IP address 203.28.71.207

Hey guys. At the risk of starting another lenghty post .
Was told by a reputable turbo business to upgrade from my old TO4 .84 ex to a GT30 of similar spec. The fj in question went backs in regards of top end.
As far as everything else goes the new turb. is great, full bost by 3000 compared to a laggy 4000 ish. same boost level, same external gate blah blah blah. What does any one reackon. cheers.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Paul
(no login)

Re: GOING BACKWARDS

No score for this post
May 14 2009, 3:01 PM 

Depends on what you use the car for. What has happened is the age old trade off. You can give away top end to have boost come on early or give away bottom end to have boost up top. Very hard to have both early boost and lots of top end.

If its a road car we are talking about, I would say you have a much quicker car now and its probably a lot more user friendly.

If its a circuit car, you have a much better thing because you want mid range punch and a broad torque curve, not peaky power.

If its a drag car then I guess you have gone backwards. Bummer.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
BOB
(no login)

Re: GOING BACKWARDS

No score for this post
May 15 2009, 4:58 PM 

Sounds fair enough mate, thanks. I will miss its MASSIVE top end though.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement