<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Untitled

March 26 2012 at 5:46 AM
No score for this post
  (Login s13eater)
from IP address 176.25.91.74

hi, just a couple of questions, i'am taking the head off as my engine as it is using lots of water on boost,i've used a cometic gasket and arp head studs, i can drive it all day off of boost and it does'nt use any water and runs perfect, hopefully the head or block are not cracked, questions are 1, do i torque the head down and thats it or do i have to retorque them after so many miles ? 2, if it needs retorquing ,do i just retorque them or back them off then torque them down again ? 3,are arp studs reusable ? 4,i've been told 125 lbs/ft for the arp studs,is this right ? 5, any ideas what the max boost i can use with the cometic gasket and arp studs ? i've been using 25psi on a turbonetics t76, i also had the head and block skimmed before fitting, thanks, shaun.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Untitled

No score for this post
March 27 2012, 6:29 PM 

Hey Mate you do not have to retorque cometic head gaskets ARP head studs are reusable Max boost for a ARP Cometic combo or any combo depends on your tune if your tune is good I know guys with 40psi and No2 with this combo.Hope this Helps

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 30 2012, 8:14 PM 

Does the turbo run water cooling thru the core? Could be that instead of the motor...?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 31 2012, 1:42 AM 

no, its not water cooled matey.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
May 1 2012, 10:47 PM 

well we pulled the head off this week and found oil inbetween every leaf of the cometic gasket, both head and block were skimmed before fitting,arp studs were torqued to 125lbs, do you guys fit the cometic gaskets dry ? as it says or do you use any halymor ? and do the arp studs need retorquing after so many miles ? just can't understand why this has happend, cheers.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
May 1 2012, 11:48 PM 

Sounds like the head may have been cooked. Have you checked to see if it's warped

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
May 2 2012, 10:23 AM 

we found a similar problem with a cometic gasket using phuzion rings,was tiny hairline cracks in the combustion chambers leaking under boost,get head crack tested

Current Topic - Untitled  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement